Recipe: Chicken Basque Style
Recipes using McCormick Basil Leaves
Price Each: $10.31USD
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium size onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, membrane removed, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, membrane removed, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups eggplant cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 8 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 oz black olives, pitted, halved, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zippered bag place 1/4 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces to bag, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- Brown chicken pieces in 1 tbsp olive oil in large non-stick saucepan; remove to 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Remove any oil left in pan. Then add 1 tbsp olive oil and heat oil.
- Add garlic, onion, peppers and eggplant. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons reserved flour mixture, remaining
salt, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; toss to coat vegetables.
- Add wine, and tomatoes with liquid, breaking up large pieces. Bring to a boil.
- Pour vegetable mixture over chicken and cover.
- Place casserole in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Uncover, add olives, and stir to mix.
Serve with rice.
Shipping Cost Est