Recipe: Chicken Curry Soup
Recipes using Tones Curry Powder
Price Each: $15.61USD
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- 1 tsp olive oil or canola oil
- 3 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 to 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 golden Delicious apple, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups canned chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, seeded
- 1/4 lb fresh snow peas or green peas, blanched and chilled
- 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- Spray large pot well with nonstick spray.
- Add oil and heat. Rub chicken with curry powder and brown lightly in oil.
- Add onion, apple, and garlic and saute until onion is tender, but not browned.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Add broth; squeeze lemon into soup and drop the rind in too.
- Bring to a boil,then reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove lemon rind from soup.
- Cover and chill soup for several hours; remove solid fat.
- Remove chicken; cut meat from bones.
- Shred chicken and set aside. Puree soup in the blender, then pour into chilled bowls.
- Add chicken, peas, and yogurt; stir.
Shipping Cost Est