Recipe: Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Recipes using Tones Oregano Leaves
Price Each: $9.77USD
- 6 slices white bread, crust removed
- Softened butter
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 4oz can chopped green chiles
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tsp groun paprika
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add milk, and seasonings, and mix well.
- Butter top of each slice of bread, and place buttered side down into an 11" x 7" x 2" baking dish.
- Top with cheeses, then sprinkle with chopped chiles.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, cheeses, and chiles.
- Wrap tightly, and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Bake casserole, uncovered, for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.