Price Each: $13.65USD
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups unbleached* King Arthur or Pillsbury All Purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well between additions.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture a little at a time alternating with sour cream. Blend together after each addition of flour mix and sour cream.
5. Spread 1/2 of mixture into a greased 10 inch tube or Bundt pan.
6. Make topping by creaming together the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add nuts and stir gently so as not to break nuts.
7. Dot batter in pan with 1/2 of topping, distributing evenly.
8. Pour remaining batter into pan, and dot evenly with remaining topping.
9. Bake about 50 minutes**. Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
* Unbleached flour is naturally whitened by aging. bleached flours are chemically treated, and may impart an off taste to foods. Pillsbury and King Arthur All Purpose Unbleached flours are our favorite flours for general use, including bread making.
** Oven temperatures vary so actual cooking time may be different.