Price Each: $0.00USD
This is one of the best macaroni and cheese dishes we've ever tried. By making a white sauce first, then adding cheese, the resulting dish is creamy and delicious. Easy to make, it takes about 15 minutes to prepare.
Makes 2 servings. Double quantities if desired.
8oz elbow pasta
1/2 lb shredded chedder cheese
1 cup skim milk
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1/4 cup dry white wine**
2 tbsp grated parmesean cheese
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground paprika
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Cook elbow pasta according to package directions.
3. While pasta is cooking, in a 2 quart non-stick sauce pan melt butter over low heat, then stir in flour. Mix well.
4. Add milk, a little at a time, while stirring.
5. Continue heating milk mixture, stirring frequently until sauce begins to thicken, about 4-5 minutes.
6. Stir in cheese, and wine. Mix well.
7. Add elbow pasta, and stir to coat evenly.
8. Transfer to 2 (2 cup) baking dishes for individual servings.***
9. Top each dish with parmesean cheese, then sprinkle with nutmeg, and paprika.
10. Bake in oven about 5 minutes or until sauce begins to bubble and top is lightly browned.
** Wine may be omitted if desired.
*** May be baked in one shallow pan instead.