Recipe: English Muffins
Recipes using Red Star Yeast
Price Each: $8.26USD
- 1 cup scalded nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 tbsp yeast
- Scald milk, then combine scald milk, butter, salt, and corn syrup in a sauce pan
- Remove milk & syrup mix from heat, and let cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast and stir until dissolved.
- Blend in flour a little at a time, mixing well until dough is smooth and soft
- Roll out the English Muffin dough on a floured board to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut with 3 1/2" biscuit cutter for form English Muffins.
- Place each English Muffin on an ungreased baking sheet which has been sprinkled with 2 tablespoons cornmeal.
- Dust tops of English Muffins with additional 2 tablespoons cornmeal.
- Let muffins rise in a warm place until light, about 1 hour.
- Use a wide spatula and lift the English Muffins carefully to a hot, ungreased griddle.
- Cook for 7 minutes on each side, reducing heat when English Muffins begin to brown.
- This recipe makes 10 or 12 English Muffins.
Shipping Cost Est