- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 to 6 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup craisins or raisins
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives cut in butter until mixture is the size of small peas.
- Gently stir in the craisins and add enough milk to form a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured board roll the dough 1/2" thick; cut into 1 1/2" circles with round cookie cutter.
- Place scones on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes or until golden.
Serve English Scones warm with butter and assorted jams and/or sour cream.
This recipe makes about 12 English Scones.
Shipping Cost Est