Recipe: Green Chili Enchiladas
Recipes using Nina Chopped Garlic
Price Each: $6.49USD
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups consomme or bouillon
- 1-5 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped (or drained canned)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small can sliced olives
- 1 small carton sour cream
- Cook garlic and onion in the canola oil until tender, but not browned.
- Stir in flour and consomme.
- Cook until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add chiles and tomatoes; simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Dip tortillas in simmering sauce. Place large spoonful of cheese on each.
- Top with a little of the sauce.
- Roll and put in shallow baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour remaining sauce and cheese over all.
- Bake at 350° F. for 15 minutes.
- Serve with garnishes of avocado, green onions, olives and sour cream.
Makes 12 Enchiladas.
Shipping Cost Est