Recipe: Kansas City Style Pork Spareribs
Recipes using Tones Cumin, Ground
Price Each: $12.07USD
- 3 tbsps salt
- 2 tbsps paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsps ground cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsps onion powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 to 4 slabs pork spareribs, about 2 lbs each
- In a small bowl combine all seasonings.
- Rub seasoning mix onto ribs, pressing into surface.
- Place ribs in jumbo resealable plastic bag or pan.
- Close bag and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Light charcoal grill or indirect heat or preheat gas grill.
- Place ribs in center of cooking grate.
- Grill 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 tbsps chopped onion
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 2 tbsps vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- dash of pepper
- In a skillet cook celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Brush ribs with barbecue sauce during last 20 minutes of grilling time.
- Cut into 3 rib portions.
- Serve with remaining barbeque sauce.
Shipping Cost Est