Recipe: Lamb Shanks w/ Mustard-Horseradish Gravy
Recipes using McCormick Gourmet Malabar Ground Pepper
Price Each: $9.89USD
- 6 lamb shanks
- 1/4 cup (scant) prepared mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Vegit
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 10 ounce package frozen peas, cooked
- 5 to 6 cups hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven or heavy pot, brown the shanks in the oil.
- In a small bowl mix the mustard, horseradish, salt, Vegit, paprika, ground black pepper, and 1 cup water.
- Drain excess grease from the shanks and return them to the pot.
- Pour horseradish mixture over the shanks; cover and cook slowly over a low heat for about 2 hours or until tender.
- Watch pot, and add more water if necessary.
- To make gravy, in a cup stir flour with 1/4 cup water.
- Gradually stir into pan liquid.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Serve on a warm platter. Mix the rice and peas. Place lamb shanks on top. Pour gravy over shanks.
Shipping Cost Est