Recipe: Lasagne with Spinach
Recipes using McCormick Organic Basil
Price Each: $5.98USD
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 lb ground round steak
- 1 pkg frozen chopped, defrosted, drained well spinach
- 1-8 oz container Ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan grated cheese
- 8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp sweet basil
- 2 tomato sauce cans of water
To Make Sauce:
To Prepare the Spinach Cheese Mixture:
- In a non-stick saucepan, brown ground round;
- Then add tomato paste, tomato sauce, 2 cans of water, oregano leaf, salt,
bay leaf, and garlic.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat, and remove bay leaf from sauce.
- Mix defrosted spinach, cheeses, beaten egg, and basil well in bowl and set
To Prepare the Lasgane Noodles:
- Boil wide lasagne noodles in water for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse.
To assemble and bake the Lasagne
- Pour 1/2 of the seasoned tomato sauce into a 9" x 13" pan.
- Layer 1/2 of the lasagne noodles, spread all of the spinach cheese mixture evenly over noodles, and top spinach cheese mix with the remaining noodles.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of the lasagne noodles. Cover pan with aluminum
foil and bake for 50 minutes at 350° F.
- Remove aluminum for during the last 5 minutes and top with a Parmesean cheese
Shipping Cost Est