Recipe: Leek and Potato Soup
Recipes using McCormick White Pepper
Price Each: $41.49USD
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 leeks, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 cups strained chicken broth
- salt and white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cups heavy cream
- In a saucepan heat the butter and in it cook the leeks and onion until the slices wilt.
- Add the potatoes, stir in the broth, and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Strain the broth and force the vegetables along with it through a fine sieve into a mixing howl or puree the mixture in an electric blender.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Return the puree to the saucepan and bring it to a gentle boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and cream, and let the leek and potato soup heat through without further boiling.
Makes 6 servings of Leek and Potato Soup.