Recipe: Leg of Lamb with Au Jus Gravy
Recipes using McCormick Au Jus Mix
Price Each: $15.63USD
- 1 1/2 - 3 1/2 lb leg of lamb roast
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup powdered Au Jus mix
- 1/2 cup water mixed with 4 tbsps flour, fro thickening
- Season lamb with Lawry's Seasoned Salt and place lamb roast (do not brown) fat side up in crockpot (3 1/2 qt).
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours.
- Remove roast and let sit 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, pour juices into measuring cup and skim off fat.
- Add water to juices to make 2 cups of liquid.
- Using 1 1/2 qt saucepan on low heat, blend the 2 cups of juices with the Au Jus mix, stirring to dissolve well.
- To thicken, use water thickened with flour.
- Slowly add thickened water to Au Jus mixture to desired thickness.
- Cook Au Jus mixture on medium low, continually stirring to thickened.
- Simmer 4-5 minutes.
- Nice to serve with lamb and mashed potatoes.
Shipping Cost Est