Recipe: Microwave Chicken & Dumplings
Recipes using McCormick Gourmet Parsley Flakes
Price Each: $5.49USD
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- In an 8-cup bowl cover the chicken breasts, salt and onion.
- Cover lightly with wax paper and cook on high for 10 minutes, then on medium for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Reserve stock. Remove bones and cut up chicken.
- On top of stove in a large pot combine stock, wine, tarragon and chicken.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. While the pot is simmering, cut shortening into flour to make a meal like mixture.
- Stir in milk. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto hot meat, not on the simmering liquid.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Dumplings should be light and airy.
- Serve in large bowls with dumplings topping the chicken mixture.
- Use stock to thin chicken mixture if too thick.
Shipping Cost Est