Recipe: Orange Beignets
Recipes using Tones Cinnamon, Ground
Price Each: $11.34USD
Ingredients in Orange Beignets
- 4 cups canola oil
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup milk (can be part orange juice)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Cinnamon sugar
To make Orange Beignets
- Heat oil in 2 qt saucepan or electric fryer.
- Sift dry ingredients (except cinnamon sugar) into mixing bowl; mix.
- Stir in orange rind.
- Combine salad oil, milk and egg.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil.
- Fry until brown on one side; turn and brown on second side (3 to 4 minutes in all).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until all batter is gone.
- When cool, roll in cinnamon sugar.
Recipe makes 2 1/2 dozen little round doughnut balls of Orange Beignets
Shipping Cost Est