Price Each: $24.08USD
Pastry for double crust 8 inch pie (you can use pre-made crusts)
8 cups sliced fresh peaches
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
1 tsp pure almond extract
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 - 4 tbsps flour
Preheat oven to 475 degrees
1. Combine peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg.
2. Set aside until syrup forms.
3. Bring peaches to a boil; reduce heat to low.
4. Cook 10 mins or until tender.
5. Remove from heat and stir in pure almond extract and butter.
6. Roll out half of the pastry to 1/8 inch thickness.
7. Cut to fit 2 quart shallow casserole dish.
8. Spoon half of peaches into lightly buttered casserole dish and top with cut pastry.
9. Bake for 12 mins or until lightly browned.
10. Spoon remaining peaches over baked pastry.
11. Roll out remaining pastry and top peaches.
12. Return to over for 10 - 15 mins or until lightly browned.
Servings: 8 - 10