Recipe: Piney Point Crab Cakes
Recipes using Durkee Whole Thyme Leaves
Price Each: $9.96USD
Piney Point Crab Cakes
To make Piney Point Crab Cakes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 finely diced pimento
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 pounds lump crab meat
- Bread crumbs
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the green bell pepper, onions, celery, pimento, and seasonings.
- Cook over low heat about 5 - 7 minutes until onions and celery are tender.
- Add flour, and stir until mixed in well with the butter. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add milk to the saucepan, and stir until the sauce becomes very thick -- could take 10 minutes or more.
- Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Place the crab cake mixture in the refrigerator for an hour or more. Then remove and form into 8 - 12 crab cakes. Sprinkle tops with bread crumbs.
- Heat broiler, and broil until top is brown, turn and broil other side of the crab cake until it is brown. You may also bake these Piney Point crab cakes for 20 minutes at 400° F.
Recipe makes between 8 and 12 Piney Point Crab Cakes depending on how big the crab cakes you want.
Piney Point is a small town located on the Potomac River near the Chesapeake Bay. Crabs, and crab cakes are a part of the way of living in Piney Point, MD.
Shipping Cost Est