Price Each: $24.08USD
1 cup softened butter or margarine
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 cups unsifted Pillsbury Unbleached or King Arthur Unbleach Flour*
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease and Flour loaf pan
1. Cream butter until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add sugar, while continuing to beat.
3. Add vanilla and almond extracts.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients, mix well.
6. Pour mixture into greased & floured loaf pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
* Use unbleached flour for best flavor. Unbleached flour is bright white, it's just more time consuming to make. Flour will whiten naturally after milling. Since the natural whitening takes time (about 6 months), many producers speed up the process using chemicals. That process and chemical addition can alter the taste of foods made from bleached flour.