Recipe: Spiced Red Cabbage
Recipes using Tones Ground Cumin
Price Each: $0.00USD
- 5 cup red cabbage, sliced finely
- 1 tbsp whole allspice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped, unpeeled apple
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- Place cabbage in a large saute pan and add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, covered until cabbage is limp and soft, about 5 min.
- Drain off all but 1/2 cup water.
- Add apples, (Jonathan, Winesap, or Mcintosh) toss, and continue cooking until apples are tender about 15 min.
- Add spices, vinegar, brown sugar, and continue cooking until cabbage-apple mixture is tender and most of the liquid is gone.
- Add butter and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Shipping Cost Est