Recipe: Transylvanian Christmas Bole
Recipes using Tones Whole Cloves
Price Each: $23.62USD
- 2 bottles (4/5 qt each) dry red wine
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 16 whole cloves
- 4 whole sticks cinnamon
- 1 qt water
- 3 pears (pared and cored)
- 4 bottles (4/5 qt each) pink champagne (chilled)
- Ice Ring
- 3 oranges (peeled, separated into segments)
- 6 canned apricots (quartered)
- Place wine, 1/4 cup of sugar, cloves and cinnamon in a Dutch oven and cover.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Strain and refrigerate.
- Place water and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pears and cover.
- Cook until pears can be pierced easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pears from syrup and cool.
- Discard syrup.
- Slice pears.
- Pour wine mixture and champagne over ice ring in punch bowl and mix gently.
- Add pears, oranges and apricots.
Shipping Cost Est