Recipe: White Bean and Pasta Soup with Sun-Dried
Recipes using Tones Parsley Flakes
Price Each: $8.35USD
- 1 1/2 cups Great Northern beans rinsed and picked over
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (more if desired)
- 1/3 cup olive oi
- 3 cup finely diced yellow onions
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 medium carrots peeled
- 12 cups chicken stock or canned broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh celery
- 3/4 cup Ditali pasta tubes
- 3/4 cup finely diced drained oilpacked sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Soak beans overnight in enough water to cover by 3 inches, or use the quick method by using big pan, cover with 3 inches of water, bring to boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat oil in heavy, large pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, pepper flakes, and bay leaves.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until onions are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Add beans and 10 cups stock.
- Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover partially, and simmer until beans are done, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Can be prepared one day ahead. Reheat to simmer before continuing.
- Add pasta and tomatoes to soup.
- Cover partially and simmer until beans and pasta are very tender, adding up to 1 cup additional stock (if very thick) for about 20 minutes.
- Add parsley flakes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove bay leaves. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
Shipping Cost Est