Recipe: Wild Rice Casserole
Recipes using Sunkist Almond Accents
Price Each: $13.78USD
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or cooking oil
- 3/4 cup long grain brown rice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups canned chicken stock (about 1 1/2 cans)
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Wash wild rice; cover with boiling water and allow to soak for 1 hour. Then drain.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until onion is tender.
- Drain away any remaining liquid.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole with nonstick vegetable spray (such as Pam).
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese and put into the casserole.
- Bake, covered at 350° F for 1 1/2 hours. Remove cover and top with cheese.
- Raise oven temp to 425° F. and bake for 5 minutes more.
Shipping Cost Est