Recipe: Chinese Chicken and Tomatoes
Recipes using McCormick Ground Ginger
Price Each: $23.83USD
- 1 pound chicken breast meat
- 1 cup onions, cubed
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, peeled and diced
or cherry tomatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 1/2 pound snow peas, cleaned and strung
- Soy sauce
- Chicken Broth
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Canola oil
To prepare snow peas:
- Cut 1 pound uncooked chicken meat in 1 inch squares.
- Dredge with a mixture of 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sherry, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Heat wok (or large skillet) over high heat; saute chicken in 1/2 cup canola oil quickly until tender.
- Add onions and fry a few seconds, turning often.
- Drain chicken and onions. Remove from pan.
- Reheat pan and add 1 tablespoon drained oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1/2 to 1 cup chicken soup stock. If using bouillon, omit salt.
- Stir until thickened. To the hot sauce add chicken, onions, tomatoes and prepared snow peas (below).
- Heat thoroughly.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Bring water to boil.
- Add snow peas. Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 1 minute. Drain immediately.
Shipping Cost Est