Recipe: Aroz Con Pollo (Chicken with Rice)
Recipes using McCormick Cilantro
Price Each: $20.87USD
- 1 package combo or 6 chicken breasts or about 4 cups cooked chicken (should be cooked and deboned into bite-size pieces)
- 1 can stewed Mexican tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Cook chicken in about 4 cups water (remove skin) and add some celery stalks, a bay leaf, cilantro, a piece of onion, salt, and pepper for about 30 minutes.
- When chicken is done, cool, then debone very carefully.
- Strain the broth. Brown rice in oil; keep stirring so it won’t burn.
- Add the onion, garlic, can of tomatoes, salt, and pepper to taste and broth.
- Stir and bring to a soft boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer with cover on for about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook over low heat for 30 minutes until most of broth is gone, but not dry. Do not stir or it will make rice soggy.
Serves 6. Serve with tortillas, and salsa.