Recipe: Baking Powder Biscuits
Recipes using Argo Baking Powder
Price Each: $10.98USD
Baking Powder Biscuit Ingredients
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
To make Baking Powder Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl.
- Cut in shortening.
- add milk.
- Stir with fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn onto lightly floured board; knead lightly 6 to 10 times.
- Roll or pat dough to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with lightly floured biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Prick each biscuit several times with fork.
- Bake Baking Powder Biscuits for 10 minutes (1/2 inch thick), 15 minutes (3/4 inch thick) or until golden brown.
For richer, crustier baking powder biscuits, increase shortening to 1/2 cup.
Shipping Cost Est