Recipe: Beef Short Ribs
Recipes using McCormick Whole Bay Leaves
Price Each: $14.25USD
Beef Short Ribs
- 3 pounds short ribs, 2-inch squares
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 pound small onions
- 5 to 6 carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- Flour ribs lightly. Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Brown ribs slowly on each side, allow about 25 minutes.
- Remove ribs to large casserole.
- Add pepper, bay leaf and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and bake at 350° F about 1-1/2 hours.
- Add onions, carrots and another 1/2 cup water.
- Cover tightly and continue baking 1-1/2 hours.
- Thicken gravy with 1 - 2 tbsp flour (or more if needed).
- Serve in casserole or arrange meat and vegetables on platter.
Shipping Cost Est