- 1 lb fresh broccoli or 10oz pkg frozen
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 4 tbsps butter or margarine
- 2 tbsps flour
- 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash Original Salt Free Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup milk
- 3oz pkg cream cheese
- 2oz sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split fresh broccoli spears lengthwise; cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook in boiling water until tender, or cook frozen broccoli according to package; drain.
- Cook onions in boiling water until tender; drain.
- In saucepan melt 2 tbsps butter.
- Blend in flour and Mrs. Dash.
- Add milk; cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; blend in cream cheese until smooth.
- Place vegetables in 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Pour sauce over and mix lightly.
- Top with cheese.
- Melt remaining butter; top with bread crumbs.
- Cover and chill.
- Before serving, bake casserole, covered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle crumbs around edge, bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Shipping Cost Est