Recipe: Chayote Salad with Lime Dressing
Recipes using McCormick Red Pepper, Crushed
Price Each: $12.41USD
- Two 6 oz chayotes
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Spinach leaves or Romaine lettuce
- One large tomato, sliced
- Cut chayotes in half and scoop out seed.
- Place cut side down on an 8" square baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Immediately cover with cold water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a glass bowl combine lime juice, oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, sea salt, and cilantro.
- Peel squash and cut into lengthwise slices; add squash to the dressing and stir to coat; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- To serve arrange spinach leaves on 4 salad plates.
- Add tomato slices and top with chayote.
- Pour any remaining marinade over top.
Shipping Cost Est