Recipe: Chicken Indienne Plus
Recipes using McCormick Ground Ginger
Price Each: $25.73USD
- 1 frying chicken, skinned and cut up or 6 to 8 thighs
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 large. clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp unsalted margarine or cooking oil
- 1 tsp dried chilies
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp Vegit
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cup water
- 2 large mild, dried, leathery chilies (may be omitted, but are highly recommended)
- Saute the onions and garlic in the margarine or oil.
- Add the other ingredients (except chicken and water) and stir well.
- Cook in medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken and continue cooking for about 15 to 20 minutes until all chicken parts are browned.
- Add the water and the dried chilies. Bring to a boil.
- Submerge chilies underneath the chicken pieces. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- If the sauce has not reduced by half, remove the chicken (covering to keep warm) and boil the sauce until it is reduced.
- Serve with rice.
Shipping Cost Est