Recipe: Chicken Waikiki Beach II
Recipes using McCormick Ground Ginger
Price Each: $25.73USD
Chicken Waikiki Beach II Ingredients
- Chicken legs, thighs & breasts
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- Salt & pepper
- canola oil
Sauce for Waikiki Beach Chicken
- 1 pound 4 ounce can sliced pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 large green pepper cut crosswise in 4" circles
Chicken Waikiki Beach
- Coat chicken with flour. Heat oil in skillet, add chicken a few pieces at a time. Brown on all sides. Remove to shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven 350° F.
Make Waikiki Beach Chicken Sauce
- Drain pineapple. Add water to pineapple juice until you have 1 1/4 cup liquid.
- In saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, pineapple and water liquid, vinegar, soy sauce, ground ginger and bouillon cube; bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 2 minutes.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Add pineapple slices and green pepper; bake 30 minutes longer or until chicken is tender. Serve with white rice.
Shipping Cost Est