Recipe: Chicken Waikiki Beach
Recipes using McCormick Ground Ginger
Price Each: $25.73USD
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 - 1lb 4oz can sliced pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 green pepper, cut cross wise to form 1/4" circles
- Wash chicken, pat dry. Place flour into a bag. Add a piece of chicken to bag, one at a time, shake to coat. Set aside.
- Add canola oil to a large non-stick skillet. Heat, and quickly brown chicken a few pieces at a time. Place browned pieces bone side down in a shallow baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Make the sauce by pouring syrup from pineapple into a 1 pint pyrex measuring cup. Add chicken broth to make 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- In a 2 quart, non-stick sauce pan, combine the pineapple/chicken broth mix, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and white pepper.
- Heat slowly to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Top with pineapple slices, and green pepper, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with freshly cooked brown basmati rice.
Shipping Cost Est