Recipe: Crab Bisque II
Recipes using Old Bay Seasoning
Price Each: $12.72USD
- 2 oz Butter
- 2 oz King Arthur White Flour
- 1 tbsp minced green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp roasted pimento, sliced
- 1 tbsp green onion, minced
- 1 pint half and half
- 16 oz chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 lb lump crabmeat
- 4 tsp dry sherry
- Heat chicken broth and half & half in separate pans over medium heat. Do not scald the half and half, but keep warm.
- In another 1 quart non-stick saucepan melt the butter, then add flour and stir frequently for about 5 minutes until the begins to turn light brown.
- Add the green pepper, pimento, white part of green onion, Old Bay and Cajun seasoning to the flour mix, and cook about 5 minutes over low heat to cook pepper and onion.
- Add the chicken broth to the flour and seasoning mix about 1/3 at a time, stirring constantly. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the warmed half and half slowly, stiring constantly.
- Allow to cook about 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, then dish out into 4 bowls. Add to each bowl 1/4 of the crab meat, and 1 tsp sherry. Top with chopped tops of grean onions.
Makes 4 servings
Shipping Cost Est