Recipe: Crock Pot Stew
Recipes using Tones Garlic Powder
Price Each: $16.94USD
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 5 to 6 white potatoes, pared
- 5 to 6 carrots, pared
- 3 celery stalks, with leaves
- 5 to 6 Italian plum tomatoes
- Cut beef into 1" cubes.
- Mix flour, garlic powder and black pepper and coat beef with mixture.
- Cut potatoes, carrots, and celery into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet and brown beef on all sides.
- Mix beef and above vegetables in crock pot.
- Shake remaining flour with water; stir with scrapings in skillet to make gravy and add to crock pot.
- Add onion soup mix and tomato sauce to pot and stir in.
- Cut Italian tomatoes into 2 to 3 pieces; add to pot and mix lightly.
- Cook on low 10 to 12 hours or on high 5 to 6 hours or follow directions for your crock pot.