Recipe: Curried Rice Salad
Recipes using Tones Curry Powder
Price Each: $12.66USD
- 5 quarts water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 small zucchini, scrubbed and quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2" slices
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp medium dry sherry
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/3 cup canola vegetable oil
- In a large saucepan bring the water to a boil.
- Sprinkle in the rice, stirring, until the water returns to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice in a large colander and rinse it under running water.
- Set the colander over boiling water and steam the rice covered with a dish towel and the lid for 15 minutes or until fluffy and dry.
- Spread rice on a platter and let cool completely.
- In a skillet cook the mushrooms in the oil over moderate heat, stirring for 2 minutes, add the zucchini and scallions and cook the mixture, stirring for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl combine the mixture well with rice, red pepper, and parsley.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl combine all ingredients except the oil.
- Add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk until the dressing is emulsified. Pour the dressing overthe rice mixture and toss the salad well.
- Garnish it with lettuce and serve at room temperature.
Shipping Cost Est