Recipe: Easy Cheese Appetizers
Recipes using Tones Garlic Powder
Price Each: $16.94USD
This is sort of a fondue, except the cheese is spread on the bread before cooking.
- 1 loaf unsliced sourdough bread (use a square loaf if available)
- 1 lb grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 lb grated Velvetta Cheese
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Allow cheeses & butter to soften at room temperature.
- When soft, add Cheddar Cheese, Velvetta, and butter to a small mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Cut the crust from the whole wheat bread, then cut the bread into 3/4 to 1 inch cubes.
- Spread cheese mix on all six sides of the bread cubes and placed on a lightly greased non-stick baking pan.
- Freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 400° F.
- Bake the cheese cubes for 8-12 minutes (a little longer if frozen) until golden (but not brown).
- Serve warm.