Recipe: Egg Nog Pie
Recipes using Tones Pure Vanilla Extract
Price Each: $13.65USD
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 1 tsp cold water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 baked pie shell
- 3 egg yolks, beated
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream (measured before whipping)
- Soak gelatin in cold water.
- Scald milk in top of double boiler.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix well.
- Add sugar mixture to scalded milk and cook until thick and smooth.
- Continue cooking for 15 more minutes.
- Stir a small amount of mixture into beaten egg yolks and return to bioler. Cook a few minutes longer.
- Add butter and gelatin, then stir.
- Allow to cool.
- Add vanilla, then fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into the baked shell, and sprinkle top generously with nutmeg.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When serving, top with whipped cream
Shipping Cost Est