Recipe: Herbed Leg of Lamb
Recipes using Tones Whole Bay Leaves
Price Each: $15.72USD
- 5-7 lbs leg of lamb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp each dried thyme & marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsps dried parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine marinade ingredients olive oil, red wine, thyme, marjoram, bay leaves, parsley, sea salt, ground pepper, chopped onion, lemon juice and water.
- Cut slits in leg of lamb's surface and insert slivers of garlic.
- Pour marianade over leg of lamb and marinate 6 hours or overnight.
- Baste while marinating.
- Place leg on rack in roasting pan.
- Baste during roasting.
- Roast in slow oven (325° f) oven for about 30 mins per pound or until meat thermometer registers 175° F for medium done.
- Herb marinade and pan juices make excellent gravy.
- Siphon off excess fat and serve hot.
Left over lamb is delicious served cold.
Shipping Cost Est