Price Each: $22.43USD
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 1/2 cups unbleached* King Arthur or Pillsbury All Purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the eggs, butter, and sugar together.
3. Sift together the flour and seasonings.
4. Add milk, and flour/seasoning mixture, a little at a time, alternately. Mix well.
5. Mix in raisins.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
7. Place in oven, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
* Unbleached flour is naturally whitened by aging. Bleached flour is chemically treated, and may impart an off-taste to foods. We prefer King Arthur or Pollisbury All Purpose flour for all types of cooking. They're our favorite for taste and texture.