Recipe: Homemade Gingersnaps
Recipes using McCormick Ground Ginger
Price Each: $19.36USD
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tbsp (1/2 cup) molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour sifted along with 2 tsp soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar; add molasses and egg. Beat well.
- Add sifted ingredients and beat until smooth. Spoon onto foil-lined cookie sheet. Don't spoon too much as Gingersnaps should have a final size of about 1 1/4" in diameter.
- With flat-bottom glass dipped in ice water and then into a saucer of sugar, press each spoonful of dough very flat.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from pan.
Makes about 70 or 80 Gingersnap Cookies.
Shipping Cost Est