Price Each: $11.74USD
6 large French rolls
1 lb Italian sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/2 Sweet Spanish or Vidallia onion, sliced and separated into rings
3/4 cup thinly sliced green or red peppers
2 tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
2 tbsps water
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup lettuce, shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Bake rolls according to package directions (if necessary)
2. Split rolls in half and set aside.
3. Brown sausage over medium heat and drain well.
4. Add onion, pepper, tomatoes and water to sausage.
5. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender (about 7 mins).
6. Remove from heat and stir in seasonings.
7. Spoon meat mixture on bottom half of each roll; sprinkle top with cheese.
8. Bake for 2 mins or until cheese melts. Can all be broiled, be careful not to burn cheese.
9. Top each with lettuce and put on top of roll and serve.