Recipe: Quiche Lorraine
Recipes using McCormick Ground Nutmeg
Price Each: $22.43USD
- 1 9 inch pie crust, unbaked
- 1/2 pound Canadian bacon, sliced thin
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 tbsp onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
Homemade Crust for Quiche Lorraine
- Place butter in a pan and heat.
- Saute bacon until slightly brown. Remove bacon and saute onions until just transparent.
- Spread 1/2 bacon and onions over bottom of crust. Sprinkle half of the cheese. Repeat process until the pie crust looks full.
- Blend remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl at very low speed. Pour carefully over ingredients in pie shell.
- Bake at 450° F for 15 minutes. Then bake at 350° F for 15 minutes until set.
- 1/4 pound cold butter cut into small bits
- 3 tbsp chilled shortening
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp ice water
- Combine butter, shortening and flour. Using fingers break into size of oatmeal flakes.
- Add ice water. Mix lightly. Knead.
- Put dough into refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Roll dough out. Line Quiche pans. Refrigerate crusts for 1 hour (minimum).
- Bake crust until partially cooked about 8 minutes at 400° F.
Shipping Cost Est