Recipe: Rice Madras
Rice Madras Ingredients
- 3 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups raw Basmati rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple
- 1/4 cup currants
To Make Rice Madras
- In a medium pot bring the low sodium chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in the butter, sea salt, turmeric, and basmati rice.
- Return to a boil on high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer without removing lid until rice is tender about 10-15 minutes.
- Gently stir in the apple and currants and cover again and cook 2 minutes more.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Makes 6 to 8 servings of Rice Madras.