Recipe: Scalloped Oysters
Recipes using McCormick Ground Dry Mustard
Price Each: $10.91USD
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped onion
- 4 tbsp green pepper
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 quart oysters
- crushed cracker crumbs
- Melt 1/2 cup butter, stir in 3/4 cup flour, and stir the roux over rather high heat for about 5 minutes, until it turns a rich dark brown.
- Add 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes longer.
- Add 4 tablespoons each of finely chopped onion and green pepper and 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic.
- Cook slowly for 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat and stir into the mixture 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- Poach 1 quart oysters in their own juices for 2 minutes.
- Combine oysters and liquor with the vegetables.
- Pour into a baking dish, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons crushed cracker crumbs, and bake in a hot oven (400° F) for 30 minutes.
- Serve Scalloped Oysters at once.
Shipping Cost Est