Recipe: Split Pea Soup
Recipes using Tones Minced Onion
Price Each: $10.96USD
- 1 medium ham bone (or ham hock or leftover ham broth from baked ham
- 1 lb split or whole dried peas
- 2 tbsps dried minced onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 turnip (optional)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
- Cover ham bone with water.
- Bring to boil; simmer 1 1/2 hrs.
- Add peas that have been soaked in cold water overnight.
- Chop vegetables and add to soup.
- When peas have begun to soften, add seasonings.
- Cook until peas are soft - total time about 3 hrs.
- Add fresh mint sprig just before serving, if desired.
Shipping Cost Est