Recipe: Tavern Biscuits
Recipes using McCormick Ground Nutmeg
Price Each: $22.43USD
Tavern Biscuit Ingredients
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp mace
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brandy
To make Tavern Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 275° F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, nutmeg, and mace.
- Cut in butter until mixture is mealy.
- Add milk and brandy. Knead slightly.
- Roll thin on a floured board, cut into small rounds and prick tops with fork.
- Bake avern Biscuits for 15 minutes, do not overbake.
- The Tavern Biscuits will be moist inside when removed from oven, and will set while cooling.
Serve hot or cold and store for use throughout the holidays
Shipping Cost Est