Recipe: Baked Stuffed Shrimp Locke-Ober
Recipes using McCormick Ground Dry Mustard
Price Each: $10.91USD
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 2 cup cream sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 30 jumbo shrimp
- grated Parmesan
- 3 shallots
- 8 peppercorns
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or vinegar
- 1 cup brown sauce
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Brown lightly 1 small onion, diced, in 1/4 cup butter.
- Add 1/4 cup sherry and 1 teaspoon paprika, and cook until the liquid is reduced to half.
- Add 1/2 pound crab meat, 2 cups cream sauce and 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon each of: Worcestershire sauce, prepared mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard. Blend well.
- Peel, devein, and split lengthwise 30 jumbo shrimp.
- Lay the shrimp opened flat on a broiler rack and broil them for about 7 minutes until they are half done.
- Remove the shrimp from the rack, arrange them on a baking dish, and put a rounded spoonful of the crab-meat mixture on each shrimp.
- Sprinkle the stuffing with grated Parmesan and bake the shrimp in a hot oven (400° F) until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve the shrimp with Sauce Diable (recipe below).
- Add 3 shallots, chopped, and 8 pepper-corns, crushed, to 1/3 cup dry white wine or vinegar and cook the mixture until it is reduced to a thick paste.
- Add 1 cup brown sauce, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley.
Shipping Cost Est