Morton Kosher Salt, Coarse 3lbs 1.36kg
Morton Coarse Kosher Salt Adds a Quick and Easy Gourmet Touch To Your Meals.
Coarse Kosher Salt Usage Tips
Generally, you can use Morton Coarse Kosher Salt in your favorite recipes just as you would use Morton Table Salt (and Canning and Pickling Salt), teaspoon for teaspoon. When using amounts of Coarse Kosher Salt larger than 1/4 cup, add 1 extra tablespoon per 1/4 cup of Coarse Kosher Salt.
To Make Salt-Rimmed Cocktail Glasses
Salt rimmed glasses are a must for Margarita, Bloody Mary or Salty Dog Cocktails. To make, place Coarse Kosher Salt in a small cereal style bowl that is wide enough to fit your cocktail glasses. Then rub the rim of a cocktail glass with a lime wedge. Invert cocktail glass into bowl with Kosher Salt. Strain your beverage into glass and serve.
Sparkle Your Favorite Bread Baking Creations
with Morton Coarse Kosher Salt. Just before baking brush bread, rolls, bagels or soft pretzels with an egg-water wash or melted butter. Then generously sprinkle Morton Coarse Kosher Salt on top. You may also add Caraway Seeds, Poppy Seeds or Sesame Seeds, Dry Chopped Onion or dry chopped garlic pieces. Check with your favorite cookbook for complete directions.
Koshering Meat or Poultry
Select kosher-slaughtered meat or poultry. Place in a large bowl and fill bowl with water until meat is covered completely. Let soak for 30 minutes. Drain. Completely cover all sides of meat with Morton Coarse Kosher Salt. When koshering poultry, completely cover inside of cavity with Kosher Coarse Salt as well. Place meat or poultry on a rack or cutting board (if using cutting board slant at an angle to let drain). Let stand 1 hour then shake off Kosher Coarse Salt. Rinse meat or poultry twice with tap water. Cook according to your favorite recipe.
Spinach and Pepper Rigatoni Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/2 cup prepared garlic vinaigrette dressing
- 3 tsp Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute onion, red peppers and 1 tbsp vinaigrette in a medium skillet until crisp tender (about 6 minutes). Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions with 1 tsp Coarse Kosher Salt.
- Season onion and peppers with remaining 2 tsp Coarse Kosher Salt. Keep warm.
- Mix hot, drained pasta with baby spinach leaves and toss in pepper/onion mixture. Season with remaining vinaigrette and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately along with garlic breadsticks. Makes 6 servings.
Herbed Beef in Salt Crust Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram leaves
- 1/3 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3 lb beef eye of round roast
- 3lb box Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups water
- Combine oil, onion, garlic salt, basil, marjoram, thyme and pepper in a heavy reclosable plastic bag. Mix well.
- Add roast, coat well with seasonings, and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine Coarse Kosher Salt with 1 cup of water and mix to form a paste. Add more water as needed (up to 1 1/4 cups).
- Pat 1 cup of Kosher Salt Paste into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle in bottom of roasting pan.
- Remove roast from plastic bag, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place roast on top of Salt rectangle.
- Use remaining salt to pack around roast to seal well.
- Bake Eye of Round roast at 350° F for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, until internal temperature registers 140° F (for medium doneness). Steam may cause salt crust to crack during baking.
- Remove roast from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard salt crust from roast and slice. Makes 6 to 8 servings
Morton® is a registered trademark of Morton International, Chicago, IL 60606 USA.
Ingredients: Salt, Yellow Prussiate Of Soda (An Anti-caking Agent).
Net Weight: 3lbs 1.36kg
Morton Coarse Kosher Salt
| Nutrition Facts
| Serving Size: 1/4 tsp (1.2g)
| Servings Per Container: 1,133
| Amount Per Serving
| Calories 0
|| Calories From Fat 0
| % Daily Value*
| Total Fat 0g
| Sodium 480mg
| Total Carb 0g
| Protein 0g
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000
calorie daily diet. Your daily values may be higher
or lower based on your calorie needs.
Morton Item Code: 01700
Gross Weight: 3.20 lbs.
UPC Code: 24600 01700
GTIN 12: 024600017008
Product Ingredient Lists and Nutrition Facts, when provided, are for your convenience. We at Spice Place make every effort to insure accuracy of the ingredients listed. However, because manufacturers may change formulations, persons with food allergies should always check actual package label.