Recipe: Southwestern Cinnamon Steak Rub
Recipes using McCormick Ground Cinnamon
Price Each: $17.40USD
Southwestern Cinnamon Steak Rub Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick Cumin Seed
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp McCormick Paprika
- 1 tsp McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Ground Red Pepper
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 4 New York strip steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick
To make Southwestern Cinnamon Steaks
- In a small dry skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Remove from skillet. Crush seeds using a mortar and pestle, a spice mill, a clean coffee grinder or a rolling pin.
- Combine brown sugar with all spices and salt. Rub spice mixture evenly on both sides of steaks. Cover loosely and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Broil or grill steaks until desired doneness.
Shipping Cost Est