Domino Granulated Sugar 25lbs 11.33kg
Domino® Sugar is a 100% natural simple carbohydrate. Carbohydrates are an important part of any balanced diet. Sugar contains no fat or cholesterol and has 15 calories per teaspoon.
Tips For Successful Canning
- Select quality ingredients at their peak freshness.
- Examine jars for nicks and cracks. Discard any damaged jars.
- Leave enough headspace so food can swell as it's heats without overflowing.
- Wipe rims of jars with a clean damp cloth before capping so ensure a tight seal.
- Do not over tighten lids so air can escape during canning process.
- All processed jars to cool at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours before checking seal.
- To test a seal, press the center of the lid; then remove the band and try to lift off lid with fingertips. If lid does not flex and you cannot lift lid, then the jar has a good vacuum seal.
- Remember to clearly label and store jars in a cool, dry, dark place.
Recipe: Easy Strawberry Preserves - Makes 5 Pints
- 3 quarts ripe strawberries, washed and stemmed.
- 1 (1.75oz) package powdered pectin
- 8 cups Domino Granulated Sugar
- In a large bowl, crush strawberries with a fork and measure about 5 1/2 cups into a 6 Quart pot.
- Add pectin and stir well.
- Place on high heat and while stirring constantly, bring quickly to a boil with bubbles over entire surface.
- Add sugar, continue stirring and return to a full boil. Boil rapidly for 1 minute while continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and skim.
- Stir and skim for 5 minutes to cool slightly and prevent floating fruit.
- Prepare canner by filling with water and bringing to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, ladle the strawberry mixture into hot, sterilized canning jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Place lids on jars and tighten the screw bands hand tight.
- Place capped jars in a rack in canner filled with simmering water, making sure the jars are completely covered by water.
- Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 15 minutes; turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Carefully remove jars from water and place on a kitchen towel.
- Check for proper seal by pressing down on center of lid. If the lid pushes down and springs back up the jar is not properly sealed. Check tightness of band and reprocess immediately.
- Allow to cool and re-check lid seal in 12 to 24 hours.
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
25 pound bag contains about 56 1/4 cups of sugar.
Ingredients: Pure Sugar.
Net Weight: 25 Pounds 11.33kg
|Tiered Product Pricing
||3 or More
Domino® is a Registered Trademark of Domino Foods Inc, Yonkers, NY 10706.
UPC Code: 49200 04870
GTIN 12: 049200048702
Product Ingredient Lists and Nutrition Facts, when provided, are for your convenience. We at Spice Place make every effort to insure accuracy of the ingredients listed. However, because manufacturers may change formulations, persons with food allergies should always check actual package label.