Recipe: Apple Almond Linzer Torte
Recipes using McCormick Ground Nutmeg
Price Each: $22.43USD
Ingredients in Apple Almond Linzer Torte
- 2 cups King Arthur unbleached flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 Granny Smith or golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, sliced and cut in thin wedges
- 1/2 cup apple jelly (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners sugar for garnish
To make Apple Almond Linzer Torte
- Place oven rack at lowest position; heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9" springform pan.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light.
- Beat in eggs, then lemon juice and vanilla. Stir in flour and chopped almonds.
- Measure 2/3 cup of the batter and set aside.
- Spread remaining batter in 9" pan.
- Starting 1/4" from edge of pan arrange 1 1/2 cups apples in a circle overlapping.
- Form another circle with remaining apples.
- Spread with 1/4 cup melted apple jelly.
- Drop remaining batter by teaspoons around edge and fill center with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 1 hour or until golden.
- Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes.
- Remove pan sides.
- Melt 1/4 cup apple jelly and brush apples again.
- Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Recipe makes 12 servings of Apple Almond Linzer Torte.
Shipping Cost Est